Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Yes... I went shopping

I had several 40% off coupons for ACMoore today that expired, so I went out to see if I could find something... maybe a magazine or something. Well I decided to get a set of size 10 circular needles for a sweater I want to make and found a few skiens of Sidar Snowflake at 50% off. I grabbed that for a reason I'll tell you soon... and then I went to Target of all places and found the knit kits that didn't sell on clearance... so I poicked up a few of those for under 3 dollars a piece! I may have to go grab the last few kits there, but I held back to three. Even if I don't use them for the intended patern... the yarn, needles etc is worth more than $3!
Pretty good stash enhancement. Now just to show you that I have been using what I currently have... You will notice a finished blanket and a baby sweater. Both to be donated in the fall.

I was very excited to have timed things correctly. I finished the baby sweater and waited for the next 6SoxKal pattern to arrived. Happily I printed it out and started the first sock last night while watching I, Robot. I didn't get much done, but I am going to working on it more soon. I didn't take a picture since it just looks like a sock cuff and you already know what color it is too. Yes, I am using the KnitPicks Essential in the chocolate brown. So far so good.

As for books, I finished Dogs of Babel this morning. Very interesting read! I don't think I can look at any dog the same after this one. I also started Kite Runner this Afternoon. Hopefully it is as good as people say.

4 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Jewels said...

awesome score on the $3 kits with yarn, patterns AND needles!! WOW for you. I love that rainbow little afghan you made.

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Very nice colors on the baby blanket. I like vibrant colors for babies too.

Let me know what you think of the yarn in those kits. I considered buying couple but wasn't sure about the yarn inside.

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

What a steal on those kits. Love the blanket and sweater. I can't wait to see what you think of the kite runner.

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

Hope to hear from you soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home