Friday, August 19, 2005

Morning coffee... oops!

I do love my husband and he as you can see from my birthday presents, is a great guy, but look what happened:

He spilled his morning coffee on the filet piece I have been working on all week. I was ready to cry. No is wasn't next to the coffee pot or even in the kitchen. It was by the lamp in the living room and needless to say, so was his mocha coffee this morning. He did feel really bad. He asked if I was mad... well yeah, but what can you do? Can it be fixed he asked? How should I know :( I can try oxyclean once the piece is done. But do I even want to continue? There is a drip on the thread ball too, so I have to finish this ball before I can try and clean it off. What am I going to do? I was so distraught I took a two hour nap. All that hard work for a week ... so sad. Now it is several hours later and I am still thinking of it and it is right out of his head... how does that happen?

3 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. All that work. I suspect, if there was cream (or milk) in his coffee, it won't come out. You could try a little oxyclean (only if you have it) now and see what happens. That is if you aren't going to continue anyway.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Oh Maureen......... you must be devasted. I think I would try the oxyclean too. Would a little bleach in a spray bottle work? Good luck!!!

 
At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about soaking it in coffee so you get a thorough mocha color? that might be nice! :-) Karola

 

Post a Comment

<< Home