Monday, September 12, 2005

Ahhh... Monday

Overall not a bad day. It went fast! Without a clerk to help in the library, I am doing two jobs, so time really flies! Of course I seem to be getting more of the clerk's job done than mine, but soon enough! Wednesday she starts! Then I will have to do some training, but overall I am looking forward to another set of hands! The kids are great, except for one group of kindergarteners. I do hope they settle into school fast!

Oh and I have to tell you, I was really looking forward to a library book sale on Saturday. Our pubic library in town has been closed since April and I am having withdrawals! They hopefully will open sometime this month! (keep your fingers crossed for me!) And they were hosting the annual book sale and craft fair. I went downtown and parked, getting in a nice LONG walk! Mailed a few packages and went to the sale. It was so very crowded I couldn't see the books. Plus most of the books were library discards (not that there's anything wrong with that!) instead of their usual donations. Well I couldn't even squeeze in to see the poor selection of fiction so I started walking to the kids section to see if I could get a few for school. I saw a nice cover and a good author, so I bent down to take a look at it closer. A woman kneeling nearby slapped my hand! Yes you read this correctly. And she said "That's Mine!" Well okay.. I was so taken aback, I just walked out of the sale without a single book! Luckily when I got home two lovely things were waiting.

I started a new subscription to Interweave and the first issue arrived, plus my order from Hersherrer (sp?) with size 20 thread for some curtians I'll be making for my kitchen and two different sock yarns. One is a blue tweed and the other is shades of purples. I can't wait to use it!

Sunday I went to my local charity meeting with a total of 8 blankets and 5 were made by me. So that was nice. Then while I was driving home I came up with a plan. I was thinking of all the people who dedicate one single day like Sunday to their charity projects. Well I can't do that exactly. I like to start and finish the same project and am not a fan of putting one down and picking up another. So I was thinking that maybe I could do 3-4 charity projects a week... a blanket, a baby sweater, wool socks, wool vests, hats, or whatever for all the many charities I like to knit and crochet for... I think I could do a charity project a week and end each month with 3=4 pieces to donate. That's my new plan.

2 Comments:

At 6:54 AM, Blogger sara said...

wow, you got spammed...and I see you've now enabled word verification.

Anyway, I cannot believe someone was so rude as to smack a perfect stranger. The nerve!!

I love IK...haven't made anything from it yet...but I can dream

 
At 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't belive that woman slapped your hand. Some people!!
It saddens me to hear that your town library has closed. I hope they reopen soon! We have been threatened with that by our town but people have donated money right to the library and we've slipped by another year without it closing.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home