Wednesday, September 07, 2005

First day of school

Yes, today was the first day for the kids today. We started yesterday with meetings, but today was the big day! I will have to say I have never seen so many kids with such big smiles and they were so happy about starting school today! They grow up so fast!

I have been keeping busy. I mentioned that I was going to make a poncho for my niece's first birthday on Sept 14th. Well I tried several patterns and even completed several ponchos, but I ripped many of them out. I just didn't like the looks of them. So I managed to finish and like two of them, so she will get two ponchos next week.


Both are made out of chenelle and are very soft. They turned out kind of cute I thought. I altered the patterns they came from, but the white one is a version of the Martha coming home poncho.

Currently I am using up some scrap yarn and making a round ripple afghan to take to my HUGS meeting this weekend. I don't have a lot of blankets to take, but I have been using up my stash. I can't believe how long my list of things to make really is! Stuff for gifts and stuff, well, for me!

5 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger sara said...

The ponchos look great!
Isn't it funny how they start the school year with smiles and are sooo tired of it by December? LOL!

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Marguerite said...

She must be a very special niece to rate TWO beautiful birthday ponchos.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Adorable little poncho. What a wonderful auntie .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home