Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Unwanted comment

Sorry for any inconvience, but I have to turn on the word varification last night. I seem to be getting spam on my blog! Go figure! Six different times. So I apologize for the inconvience of verification when you are so kind to take the time to leave a message.

Next order of business.... I don't know if I mentioned it, but I joined SP6 and I heard from me secret pal today (hello!!) and that was wonderful on this crazy day! But I have not heard from the hostess or do I even know who I will be spoiling! arg! But I will wait until Sunday morning to see if I get a little something in my email box. Keep your fingers crossed! Plus I have lots of questions to answer so I will do that at the end of this post.

My husband and I dropped off our niece's birthday present. She and mother loved the two little ponchos I made. The white one fit better. But both were really cute! I wish I had thought to take the camera so you could see, but it was about 90 degrees today and the ponchos didn't stay on for too long!

My new clerk started today, I gave 4 presentation on Constitution Day (Sept 17)... only 20 more to go, tried to train her in what her duties will be, learned how to use an epi-pen, and taught all my other library classes, etc... I am beat today. Tomorrow will be just as challenging with all this plus Open House at 7pm for the parents. Is the weekend here yet?

Ok here it is the answers to the posted questions:
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
* I use different yarns for different projects. I use acrylics for a lot of charity projects, but I tend to use better quailty for smaller projects and gifts. So no I am not a yarn snob. I wish I could be some days, but not really.

2. Do you spin? Crochet?
* I do crochet. It goes faster for me, but I love knitting more!

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
* I don't have any allergies, but I am not a fan of smoke or really strong perfumes.

4. How long have you been knitting?
* I have been knitting about 4 years (crocheting about 30!)

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
*I have one at Amazon...

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
* Ummm... I like lavender, but nothing too strong.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
* Why, yes, yes I do! A salt tooth as well!

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
* I tend to just knit and crochet.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
* I like current alternative bands. I do believe that one thing in our house plays MP3s, and of course our computer.

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
* I like blacks and greys.. Blues are nice, greens too. Dark colors are good too... like burgandy, purple... I am not a fan of pink or pastel colors.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
* I have a husband and we live in a house with two cats and a dog.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
* To retire and read, travel and knit to my hearts content!

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
* I don't really have a favorite brand, but I do love sock yarn.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
* I'm not sure there is an answer to this one. Maybe mohair...

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
* sock knitting.... I just cna't get enough.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
* Small projects, socks are great!!

17. What are you knitting right now?
* I am between projects at this moment, I am getting through a few books while it is 90 degrees and humid. My next project is felted clogs by fiber trend.

18. What do you think about ponchos?
I made one for me. I am not sure they look that great on me. But they sure are cute!

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
* both...

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
*Aluminum... I have bever tried bamboo

21. Are you a sock knitter?
* Oh yeah!

22. How did you learn to knit?
*I learned as a child just to knit but took a refresher coarse at the Public Library several Octobers ago! I am hooked!

23. How old is your oldest UFO?
* I don't have any. I like to complete a whole project before moving onto another.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
* Ummm... I like dragonflies

25. What is your favorite holiday?
* Christams

26. Is there anything that you collect?
yarn, patterns :( ... but nothing special... oh yeah Books to read for me. I have a ton of books!

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
* Interweave and Creative Knitting

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
* You can see my wish list, but nothing really comes to mind as urgent.

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
* Socks on circular needles. I want to try it, but I just haven't bought any instructions.

30. What are your foot measurements, and what kind of socks do you like?
* I have a size seven shoe which I think translates into a foot that measures 9 inches long. I love all hand made socks.

1 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Blogger Christine said...

Glad you got your pal! Smile! Happy SP6.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home