Monday, October 17, 2005

FO's

Well, the sun is finally shining in our neck of the woods today. The wind was incredible yesterday. We had terrible phone connections because of it. Yes I do have several pictures for you too.

I finished my mosiac 6soxKAL on Friday or so. They were pretty fast to knit up. I like the mosiac pattern and will hopefull try this one again with the colors reversed this time, like I orginally wanted them. Not sure how I messed that one up. But I am hapy that they are done, and in fact they are on my feet right now with my felted clogs! I am happy to make things just for me!

Here's the next thing... I really wanted a tea pot cozy for my tiny teapot and I found a pattern at Lily Yarns. So I whipped that up on Saturday while we watched "Sideways" on HBO. An interesting and funny movie.

I also finished "A good Yarn" by Debbie Macomber over the weekend. A quick and fun easy read. With a 50% off coupon I picked up Yarn Girls Guide to kid knits last week. I have five baby shower gifts to make. And I don't exactly want to make the exact same thing. Plus on is my sister, so I liked several of the patterns for older children in this ne that hopefully I will be able to make for my current neice and am future neice or nephew.

I am beat. I stent the day at an all day conference today and now I must go sit in front of the tube and continue to veg... I am working on a scrap ripple afghan with some scraps. I really need to get a few more projects done wit my spare stash since I have been making things for me a lot lately!

3 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Nice job on those socks. I think the teapot cozy is just adorable. Have you read Anita Shreve "Light on Snow"? I just started it the other night. I love her books.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Jewels said...

wow those socks are gorgeous!! I will attempt them someday when I've developed more knitting skills. I'll get the good yarn book for next summer's reading I think. I really enjoyed the first book.

 
At 10:50 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

The socks turned out great. You're making me feel like my sock anxiety is something I need to overcome quickly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home