Thursday, October 27, 2005

So much to show you

I wrote about several different things, now I can finally show you! Here is the brown, creme and raspberry scrapghan ripple I made for the local kids charity group along with the very cute lavender sweater I finsihed last weekend for my neice Gracie. And! I also did a little bit of shopping from Knitpicks for my SP and I figured I would get a little for me as well. So some lovely ash grey sock yarn and something I have been craving... a circular needle hanger.

And I finally used my elan gift certificate from my very lovely and sweet SP!!! (Hello!!!) Of course, I kept changing my mind and things got sold out, so I bought these two sock yarns. Yes they look exactly alike, but they aren't! The one on the right is called Polar Ice and the one on the left is BLue Stonewash. I thought the polar ice was a bit more green, but this will be fine!

And it must be sock week at my house because look what arrived in the mail TODAY from my SP! (thank you thank you thank you!!!)

Look at all those fun goodies she sent! Chocolate, sock pattern booklet, Jawoll sock yarn (notice her wonderful and familiar taste in picking sock yarn this week!), a cute little knitting book, and a fabulous notecard! I do believe she made that herself with a little knitting on the top! Thank you so much SP! You're the greatest!!

Phew! I think I have caught up now! All my goodies and fun things. I actually got out for a walk yesterday since the sun came out, but today it was windy and cold. The leaves are beginning to turn a bit of color. But everything seems brown with all the crazy rain we had. No bright brilliant colors this year. Summer stayed too long.

Well, I must run. I have dinner in the oven, hubby is pulling up and I have another baby sweater to knit tonight!

3 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

THAT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE A SCRAPGHAN! That looks like you carefully chose yarn colors and made the color changes according to something planned ahead. The colors go so well together and I like the way the some of the stripes are wider than others. Very nice.

I like the little sweater too but I'm partial to shades of purple.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

I love the looks of the afghan. What an interesting pattern. I am a fan of the Elann sock yarn. I have made many pairs for my sisters and nieces. They have held up very well. What a lovely secret Pal you have. I did enjoy "Light on Snow", it was a quick read.

 
At 3:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to admit I did not make the cute little sweater note card!! Your Secret Paln :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home