Wednesday, November 23, 2005

'Twas the Wednesday before Thanksgiving

Thankfully I have the day off from school today through the weekend. I know I alot of people aren't as lucky as I am to have several days off for the holidays. I used to work retail, so I know! I ran a few errands this morning and got a bit frustrated, so I came home to sit and knit and maybe start another Christmas present for my DH. He has been eyeing my lovely blue felted slippers, and complaining about the ones he has now. So I thought while he is working today and skiing on Friday, I would see if I can whip up a pair for him. It feels funny working on things while he is now here and watching out the window to see if he is pulling in the driveway! But he'll love the socks and now the felted clog slippers.

I have been busy I finished a second keyhole scarf in chenille. This one is really beaufiful and the picture doesn't do it justice! It'll match my clerks brown jacket she wears perfectly!


Plus I got a request to help out my SIL and make our neice Gracie two pairs of soft wool socks. So I finished off the second pair this morning and sent them with DH. Sadly I forgot to snap a picture of the second pair! They were cute! They were the leftover sock yarn from the fun orange socks I made myself some time back.


I also finished of "Knit One, Kill Two" by Maggie Selton yesterday. A fun cozy mystery to read. It also included a recipe for cinnamon rolls and two knit patterns.

1 Comments:

At 12:32 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

I wondered about the Knitting Mystery books. Nice to know there's a pattern in this one.

The brown in your scarf is pretty.

Wish I had a peaceful day off!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home