Saturday, November 26, 2005

Flurries are coming down.

It's always something. We had quite the snowstorm on Thanksgiving day. Very large flakes. And now we are still getting a few flurries today. But I hear we will get rain late next week and 60 degree temps, so bye-bye snow. Until the next holiday!
Here's waht it looked like on Thanksgiving morning:

We actually received seven inches of snow!


We had a good meal, just the two of us in our little snowy house. I have been getting some knitting done too. Made myself a pair of mittens and finished off a cute baby sweater. I made the sleeves and sewed it together while another person made the front and back. The pattern is from Knitpicks and the yarn is self-striping sock yarn. Overall very cute and washable.


I cast on for a pair of felted clogs for DH and will put them aside until he is out of the house next weekend. Luckily they work up pretty quickly, then to felt them an leave them to dry without his knowledge! Right now I am working on another baby sweater and will cast on for a matching blanket for this gift.

4 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! That's a lot of snow. We had barely a dusting.
The mittens and sweater are great! I look forward to seeing the felted clogs.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger sara said...

how beautiful!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

We got about three inches of snow on Thanksgiving. The lake is starting to freeze already. The sweater is adorable. Of course you know how I feel about mittens. Yours look warm and toasty. I am starting a pair of Felted clogs too. I am going to use Galway. What are you going to use for yours?

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Beautiful winter scene!

You're just knitting away! I need a quiet knitting day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home