Saturday, January 28, 2006

Show and Tell

That's right! Just like you remember from First Grade. It is time for Show and Tell. First the show:


Arriving in the mail yesterday was a box from Amazon from my secret pal! (Helloooo!!) What a wonderful SP I have! My husband looked at the box and asked, "So what did you order?" I happily replied, "I,... didn't order anything. It is from my Secret Pal!" Upon opening the box I had to giggle. SP sent me Shadow Knitting. I have just finished my shadow socks for 6SoxKAL and we have been emailing about my new facination with shadow knitting! Pretty cool! And she(sorry, I am assuming SP is a she, if not please let me know and I will adjust my speech :) sent me Socks soar on two Circular Needles!!! Just what I wanted! I am getting ready to cast on for a new pair of socks, ok, thinking about casting on, and I have really been wanting to learn how to do this method! Now I can! Thank you so very much SP! And FYI - you still are a Secret Pal! ;) I was really good about opening the box.

Secondly, I thought you might want to see my curtain progress:


Coming along pretty well. The pattern is two of these panals. There are three dragonflies on each panel. I think once I finish this first panel. I will knit something, then go back for the second panal. I need to give my wrist a break from crocheting with size 20 thread. Funny how these two activities treat my hands/wrists completely different. See I thought I heard the sock yarns calling to me! I'm coming soon!

3 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh your curtain is beautiful! I can't wait to see a photo of it hanging (hint hint!)
Your SP sure is spoiling you! Those look like great books.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

What a wonderful Secret Pal you have.You will love the Socks will soar book. That is the method I use to knit my socks. I use two 24 inch circs. The curtain is just breathtaking. You are so talented!

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Curtain looks great.

Secret pal sounds like a really nice one.

Be sure to let us know how you like the Socks Soar book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home