Sunday, February 12, 2006

Progress and Karma

I am almost finished with my Glad Ragg socks for 6SoxKAL. They are in Paton Harris tweed and they fit perfectly! I too left off the beads since I made a pair last year with beads, and well, I don't really like them. I took a look at the progress photos and they all look fantastic! I am always amazed at the combinations and yarns people come up with for these sock challenges. So without further ado here they are so far:

This picture was taken this morning, but I am on th efinal rounds of the toe. I had forgotten to take a progress phot and post it to the group and I had to before I completed both socks! So after this I will happily finish off the toe and I will have a new pair of socks to wear to work tomorrow! I really have enjoyed this pattern a lot.

Now onto Karma. Do you watch "My name is Earl"? My husband and I do. It is a funny little show all about Karma. Well my father-in-law called me yesterday morning and said I have a gift for you. I laughed and say really? Just mulling over in my mind what he could possibly have in his possession. He called from the car and basically pulled in our driveway. Out of the backseat comes this:


A huge basket of yarn. I couldn't believe it! They were at a silent auction the night before and he saw this big basket of yarn and thought of me! They bid and won, so I now have all of this fantastic yarn that I would have never been able to afford myself! He was so happy to drop off this basket and you should have seen my smile knowing that my FIL bought this for me! He left and my husband looks at me and smiles, then says "That's Karma for ya!" The two of them crack me up! Of course I had to pet the yarn and start planning for a project or two! I'm thinking the soft yellow cotten yarn would make a nice Trellis for my sister.

3 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your socks look wonderful! I am so surprised at how fast these knit up. Laces is normally slow for me. You are just speeding through yours too.
That basket of yarn is great! You have very thoughtful inlaws! I can't wait to see what you knit with it.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

What a wonderful father in law. It almost looks like an Easter Basket :)
The sock came out great..I love the tweed of that yarn.

 
At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watch Earl, too and it comes up in conversation all the time! I love that yarn - yay karma!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home