Thursday, February 09, 2006

What did I do wrong?

Ok, so last week I went to put on my favorite pair of socks that I have made in alpaca yarn (that have already started to felt, so I have been really careful with them so far)... well I put one foot in an dlow and behold there is no more heel on the bottom?!?! SO I swore a little bit and put the second sock on... would you guess that there was a hole in that sock too! My big toe is sticking out! Now I do realize I should have never made socks with this yarn, but it was so soft and I have worn them a "limited" number of times... but oh the holes! I was thinking that maybe I could felt them all the way so that they are more like boots than socks... do your socks wear out? I love wearing my handknit socks in the winter. Am I not making myself enough socks? Can this be true?

Well I am happy to report that I have finished the first of the Ragg Socks for 6SoxKAL.

Here is a close up of the lace repeat. I will have to say these socks are moving along really fast!


Oh, you noticed... Yes I placed an order from KnitPicks too. I got a second skein of "capecod" to make a pair of socks. Plus some black to use with some of my leftovers... then my husband has been hinting for some more knit wool socks, so he picked out "fly fishing" and I picked him out "storm" in simple stripes. I plan to try out the circular needles to make him his socks. That way I can make both at one time and he'll have a pair. Practice for me and socks for him. Not bad really.

3 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I am sorry to hear about your softest socks. I have one pair that I'm sure are going to get holes but haven't yet. They're Regia cotton and the knit is a little loose. Maybe if you can fix the holes (somehow) you could make them bed socks for wearing to bed on the coldest nights.
Your Gladd Ragg sock looks great! This is a quick pattern to knit. I've turned the heel on my first one.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

The sock is lovely...thanks for taking the close up view :)
I am sorry to hear about the hole in your socks, that is frustrating. Love the new stash enhancement.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Bim said...

Hi, I´m just walk in to take a look at your socks... your ragg... I´m impressed with all the socks that I seen on the web from all the people on the knitalong.
I´m still waiting for my own yarn and beads... and I wounder for how long time I will have to wait... ... ...
And I have to say that the yarn you have on the picture... I just loved it!!! But I don´t have a chance to buy some... I have a friend how have buy from that company, and she have to pay for shipping 2times... :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home