Thursday, March 02, 2006

Hello March!

I am so happy to have March appear this week. Closer to spring and some green grass and my flower beds and vegetable garden!! Even though I have been absent from my blog, I have thought of you all every day! Going back to school after a vacation is always overwhelming for me and I lose track of my days! I can't believe that it is going on Friday already!

I have kept my promise to myself and knit two pairs of wristwarmers for CIC. Both in a bulky weight wool and from the pattern a day calender! I received this as a gift for Christmas from my brother and love the fact that I have used two patterns. There hopefully will be a few more that I will like later on too!


There is already a third pair that I have cast on too. These are in a grey and black wool. I really like them! I hope they make it into the box! I am sure they will. I keep telling myself it is the pattern that you like. You can make yourself another pair later! It is a pattern from the Internet and I can't remember where at the moment. I also have one more pattern I'd like to try. My SP from round 6 gave me a Knitpicks pattern for wristwarmers that I haven't tried yet, but I will next week once the current pairs are complete! Then I get back to sock knitting or maybe a baby sweater or blanket. The number of babies being born between now and June is overwhelming! I have about 7 more sweaters or other baby projects to whip up! I just bought some blue yarn at the LYS today for a friend who is due in 6 weeks. I think I may cast on for this little number next.

And I have to leave you with this! I am in love with the pattern of this self striping yarn at Fresh Isle Fiber.... It looks fantastic in watermelon, but I can't bring myself to buy it for $20.00. But who knows, maybe I will! It was just so cute I had to share!

1 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

I just love the watermelon yarn for mittens. Sounds like you will be busy with baby projects. The wristwarmers are great.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home