Saturday, March 11, 2006

Sock withdrawl

I am having sock withdrawl. I haven't made any socks in what feels like months! It has probably only been a few weeks, but still. I was going to try out socks on circular needles. I have new needles ready and I wound the yarn with my ball winder... then I realized what month I was in and there was a baby shower moved up in time. So I have to get cracking on some small sweaters. A few days ago I finished this:

It is a version of the five hour sweater mixed with one from Precious Layettes to Knit done in a chunky/bulky yarn since I want it to be wearable next winter since the baby is due in May. No need for a sweater then. It worked up fast and cute. I have another one the needles for another baby due in a few weeks. Also in a chunkier weight and bigger. Then there are three or four more sweaters to make over the next few months. I think I will take a break and make some socks!

And just so you don't think I was shunning my eldest son...

He did get me up around 3am this morning and his sister carried on after that until 5:30-6:00... Maybe they knew what a nice day today was going to be! It is almost 55 degrees and the sun is shining! I think I'll get a chair out and sit on the deck and read until Hubby comes home. Then we have to go see my parents and help them with a computer ith windows 95. Yes that's right. Win95! He just wanted to play games and I have some old ones that will still work on that old computer! Silly man!

2 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

The sweater is adorable. I love to knit baby things. I just bought a Green Mountain Spinnery pattern for a little ruffled bonnet. I wish I knew someone that is having a girl.Nice job on those stitch markers and wrist warmers. I may have to make a pair of the wrist warmers. You know what a nut I am for mittens.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

oooo, baby sweaters! seriously cute :D
omg - your kitty looks just exactly like mine! scary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home