Sunday, April 09, 2006

Countdown.. four workdays 'til vacation

Yes, I am doing a countdown. Normally I wou;dn't. DOn't ask me how many days until Memorial Day weekend or our summer vacation. I really have no idea howmany days until those breaks. I am very exxcited to have this spring vacation. The weather is getting better and I can finally see some things growing. I was out raking this morning and irises are coming up as well as my sedum, lilies and even a delphinium. I really love spring and watching things grow, walking through our yard and hearing the birds chattering. I haven't found any nests like others out there, but I really love listening and watching the birds we have in our backyard.

Yesterday I spend the day doing our taxes. It totally stresses my husband out, hence why we wait until the deadline. I'm not sure why he gets so upset about the whole thing especially when it is a yearly thing. He actually made a profit, all be it small, he made a small profit this year with his business. If it were up to me I would have them done in February. That is the time I start asking him (gently) to get his business numbers together. So when March rolls around I can say, I don't want to wait until the last minute to file. And here we are just a few days shy of April 15th! But I am happy they are done and will be mailed on Monday morning.

I have been plugging away on the christening dress. Here is is as of yesterday:

I think I will work on the sleeves for a bit and then go over and measure my little neice to see how long she really is. I have two skeins left and I prefer not to run out to buy more. Then I have to see if she wants to booties or a hat/bonnet to go with the dress. It will be Mother's day weekend, so I am not sure what she will want to do. I'm sure at this point she doesn't know until we get closer to the date.

In the mean time, I also whipped up this adorable Bunny Blanket Bunny from the lionbrand site for my other neice.

It is made from Velvetspun and it is so very soft. Gracie seems to be at just the right age for this type of thing. I know her mother will love it. Plus, who wouldn't love something so cute?!?!

I will leave you with one more piece of fun news. I won a prize from the Opal Sock Yarn Newsletter for having my blog featured in their monthly newwsletter. Soxie said my prize is in the mail! I can hardly wait to see what arrives! I still have to pick out my yarn for the 6Sox pattern. I hope to start those socks next week. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Oh, the dress is beautiful! And, the Bunny blanket is adorable!

Congrats on winning some wonderful Opal. Please post a picture of you prize when it arrives.

Shelly : )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home