Sunday, April 30, 2006

A beauty of a day!

It has been a glorious weekend so far too. We did lots of yard work yesterday. Alright, hubby did some yard work yesterday and I sat on the deck and read my latest book: "The Mermaid Chair" by Sue Monk Kidd. An interesting book.

I have been knitting away on a cotton tank for me in a soft mauve/pink. I liked the yarn when I picked it out last year and have tried other projects with it and frogged them, so I hope this one sticks. So far I have this:

The pattern is from the latest book by The Yarn Girls ... beyond basics or something like that. I decided to make the front and the back at the same time. This way once I finish one side, then I won't feel like have to start from the beginning again. In theory it sounds good. I did put it down last night to give my hands a break. I felt like they were cramping up, so I dug out some stash and starting working on a granny ripple blanket for my upcoming charity meeting. The blanket will go fast and I will get back to the tank. I figured the soonest I'll be wearing it is June, so I have plenty of time.

Two days ago I went out to my garden and was able to have these tasty numbers for the first time since I planted them three years ago!

I quickly cut them up and steamed them with a little butter. They were a tasty after school snack for me!

3 Comments:

At 3:19 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Love the color you chose for the tank. Hope it sticks! The asparagus looks mmm, yummy.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

The tank is loooking great. I love the color. You will have to let me know what you think of the book. I read about a third of it and put it down. I loved the Secret Life of Bees.

 
At 6:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tank top is coming along nicely! I hope it works out for you.
I bet the asparagus was delicious. It's a favorite of mine. We planted some about 10 years ago and were able to eat it for the past 6 years. This is the first year I don't see any signs of it. I'll have to plant some more.
Your Sixth Sense Socks are great!!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home