Sunday, May 07, 2006

Is it really May?

Holy Cow! I can't believe we are already a week into May already. Where did April go? Don't get me wrong I am totally happy to see spring, and as you know... I highly look forward to my summer vacation which seems to be rapidly approaching. I counted myself and it looks like we have 31 days left of school... And that includes all the end of school trips, fun days, concerts and assemblies that we go to and lose teaching time...

Yes, I did promise you some pictures. We here is a hint... My house smells like a kool-aid factory. Even the cats are walking around sniffing the air. I wonder what my husband will say when he comes home from Boston?
Here is how I started my day yesterday...

What fun! I pulled out my "Twisted Sister" sock book and used the hot pour technique with several packets of kool-aid. First I dyed it all a muted pale green then added a second darker green and a lite blue.



I let it dry overnight and wound it up this morning. This was my first try with dying and it was so much fun! I will use this wool for CIC socks in the future... maybe before I mail out the current box before the end of May. I can't wait to see how this yarn works up. Then try some other colors. The yarn smelled so good, I had to use one of the packets to make myself some "Slammin' strawberry starfruit" drink! It is delicious!

I did have some other projects finished this week too. I mentioned the crocheted ripple blanket for the local charity group and yesterday I finished up a vest for CIC. So here is a peek at those too

Don't worry I have been working on my pink tank too. So much encouragement to finish that up. I have one side about 14 inches long and will continue to work on that. But I am really craving socks! What's a girl to do?!?!

5 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have been busy! The afghan is lovely. The vest is so cute.
The yarn you dyed is so pretty. Did you find the process easy? I want to get my daughter to give it a try. Does the yarn smell like Kool-aid too?
I highly recomment the Mason Dixon knitting book. It's different than anything I've seen.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the shades of green! I have fallen in love with "coloring" yarn!

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Dyeing yarn is addicting... I did quite a bit with Lool Aid a few summers ago. The yarns smells so good. If you want the colors deeper use several packs. I think I used 6 or 7 of Tropical Punch and got a really rich cherry color. Nice job on the charity projects.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Emma said...

The yanr looks so beautiful! I ordered some dye-your-own too, and can't wait til it gets here so I can try it myself!

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Opal said...

I love the way your yarn came out. Isn't dyeing fun?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home