Thursday, May 25, 2006

Is it the weekend already?

Well, sort of. Our superintendent gave us tomorrow off! Wahoo! SO technically today does begin my weekend! I am so happy to have several days off in a row. I will get lots done. Well no not really... but I do have big plans in my head to get some things done... like the new little baby bolero from One Skein to finish. I cast on for it last night and have finished th ebody and will work on the sleeves tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully that will be done and mailed off to the lastt person I know to be having a baby this year! ... That I haven't made a gift for yet! Will post a picture soon.

I did however finish off my Opal socks and boy are they wonderful!
I wore them to work a few days ago when the temps were low and they felt wonderful! I will be happy to cast on for another pair of socks soon. I am thinking that I would like this summer to be my summer of sock knitting. I have lots of wonderful yarn and will have lots of wonderful time... so why not. I declared this to be my summer of socks. I would love to start right now!

4 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't you lucky to get an extra long long weekend!
Your socks are great!! I'm with you, this will be the summer of socks.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your Opal socks, they turned out awesome - and yep, this truly is going to be the summer of socks!
Do enjoy your long weekend, what a great surprise it must have been getting today off work! Enjoy yourself!

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

I love the Opal socks. Summer of socks sounds good to me. I just finished the Simply Lovely socks from the Spring Interweaves. I need to post a pic of them. WHat a great easy lace pattern. Enjoy your weekend.

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I love Opal socks, too!

What a great idea....your summer of socks. It sounds like you are going to have a fun and productive summer.

Best Wishes!

Shelly

 

Post a Comment

<< Home