Sunday, May 21, 2006

Surprises

Look what arrived in the mail this weekend...
My first clue to secret pal!

hmmm Idaho.... very interesting.... First thing in common... a similar state bird - the bluebird! :)
Hello my wonderful SP!! I look forward to hearing from you again!

Yes, I have picked my Trekking colorway for the Trekking along! Here she is...

Isn't she lovely? It is number 68. Not sure of a pattern yet... but soon! I have several in mind, but have not come to a decision as of yet.

Several posts ago I was a little down on myself for having too busy of a May social calender and not enough time for knitting or reading. Well, a week later I realize that I am doing just fine! I have actually completed more projects than I thought including 2 charity projects (a wool vest for CIC and a ripple blanket for the local charity) plus my knitted pink tank and I am well on my way to finishing these lovely Opal Masterpiece socks:

Plus I have finished three books and statred a new one this morning. Why was I making myself so crazy?!?! WHo knows, but things have a way of settling themselves don't they?

On the agenda for today is a little gardening... working on my hummingbird garden with some new red flowers purchased yesterday... maybe a little reading and of course a little sock knitting! Hope you enjoy your day in the sun as much as I plan to!

4 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got the postcard!

So what three books did you finish? I love to read, too, and I'm always on the hunt for the next book to put on hold at the library...

SP

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Marguerite said...

Today I'm wearing socks made from that very same colorway of Masterpiece.

Yours are very pretty. I think Masterpiece is a greatly underappreciated collection. It knits up much more attractively than it looks like it will.

 
At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Trekking yarn you bought is such a gorgeous colorway, I'm looking forward to seeing the pattern you'll decide for!
And I adore the socks you're doing with the Opal yarn, they're gorgeous - I'm a big fan of Opal-yarn, it's pretty expensive (at least over here), but the results are certainly worth every cent, aren't they?

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I chose color 03 for my trekking project - it's really beautiful (aren't they all?). The Lorna's Laces you asked about is Shepherd Sock #901: Baltic Sea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home