Friday, June 16, 2006

Finally it's the weekend

Yes, I made it. I had my last Friday classes for the year. Just three more days of school. I am as happy as the kids to be on summer vacation! The weather hasn't been great, but for school it is fine. We are gearing up for a heatwave over the weekend and next week. Luckily I have air conditioning at school. See working in a library is good! Teachers are sticky and hot in the classrooms!

I have been knitting as much as I could this week, which was not much by the way. Lots of activities after school and in the evenings. So I will be able to knit all day if I want to! Yes, I did pick a new pattern to make another pair of socks!
Marguerite mentioned these tropicana socks a few days ago and I picked through my stash and came up with some cotton yarn. It's summer right? They are working up well. I don't think the pattern shows too well with this dark yarn, but man are they soft!


Happiness! I grabbed the mail today and lo and behold there was a package for me! SP is at it again! What a sweetheart!

All this lovely stuff! A beautiful washcloth (which I think looks familiar... is it from the Mason Dixion book?), and lots of lavender! Lavender soap, body wash and a cute little spray! That may come to school with me to make it through the last hot and sticky week! Plus her favorite lipbalm! So cool she is! Thanks a big thank you SP!!

3 Comments:

At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The new socks look nice. What kind of yarn is that?
Your sp is spoiling you! The dish cloth is wonderful.
I started the cuff on the Color Blox. Weird but going OK.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 8:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Tropicana socks you're doing - they're high up on my "Have-to-do" list too! Great yarn that you chose for it! And such a great package you received from your SP, such surprises are always great! Beautiful dish cloth!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

I must of missed that sock pattern. The yarn looks yummy...Looks like your SP is spoiling you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home