Thursday, June 22, 2006

Summer? Are you there?

As of tomorrow at 10am I will offically be on summer vacation. We actually have to go to school for an hour tomorrow and grab our paychecks, be seen, etc. It was toture working today with no kids and all my work that I needed to get done finished on Wednesday. I love time with myself, but not being held captuive in the building. I bolted at 3:30 and was happy to get in my car and drive away! I came home and finished the toe on tropicana...


They are soft and cute and a bit loose in the cuff, but I don't care. I actually stopped the ripple pattern and did a ribbing done the foot because I was scared they wouldn't fit! But they do fit nicely. I didn't have a cotton pair of hand made socks until now.

So onto the next project. I was thinking on the way home what I will pick up tonight. I should whip up a few socks for CIC to keep with my summer of socks theme. Three pairs since the beginning of June. Now that is a great start! They are all for me, so I was thinking I should make several wool pairs for CIC and then I won't feel so guilty when I cast on my trekking for yet another pair for me!

2 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Enjoy your vacation!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger soapy said...

Great socks! Love the color, what yarn did you use? enjoy your summer! My 1st grader starts summer school Monday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home