Sunday, June 25, 2006

Ah! Summer

Its finally here and I am so happy to be able to put my feet up and relax! I have had a few nice days to sit and relax and swing in my new hammock. My lovely husband bought it for me last weekend and I have really been enjoying it! It is just a small one with its own stand, but I can move it around the yard into the shade! I think I have finished two books out there so far!

Not to worry. I have been knitting too. Oh yeah! It was socks! But not for me this time. I made two pairs for CIC this weekend. I also finished off the yarn I dyed with kool--aid mixed with white for a speckled effect. The other pair is a varigated pink wool from my stash and some fisherman's wool. Maybe I'll try more kool-aid dying with the fisherman's wool for the next caregiver shawl challenge.



Also a big hello to my SP who sent another postcard. It is an old-time picture of London. Yes, SP I do like to travel although I dpon't get to as much as I would like. WIth a working husband, a dog and two cats... I hate to leave that responsibility on someone in our family to watch them all. We like day trips in the summer. I have my sweet husband convinced to take a trip to Lake Placid this summer mainly so I can visit a local yarn shop up there. We also like going to Cooperstown for lunch (is there a yarn shop there that I don't know about yet?)

1 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Beautiful little socks for charity. Your SP is spoiling you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home