Saturday, July 01, 2006

Can it really be...


Yes... it is the Tour de France! It starts today! What craziness has happened even before the offical start this morning. Several of the lead riders were pulled from the top teams in a doping scandel. So this year's race will be interesting giving many underdogs quite a chance. So here are some sunnflowers to honor the beginning of the race! Vive le Tour!

Happily I finished both my

broadripples a few days ago. I LOVE this pattern! I think I have found the perfect fit for me. I made these in Knitpicks - sock garden - holly ... they are dreamy and wonderful! Love the top edge!

This morning during the race I finished up these little wool CIC socks in grey wool. I looked through the Sensational Sock book last night and wanted to try out a few patterns and decided to work in wool to try the pattern and make socks for CIC. This is the garter rib stitch. I like the look but it doesn't work like a regular rib stitch. Not as stretchy as I was hoping.


Now I am once again projectless. I am thinking maybe I should have a project for the whole Tour... July 1st through July 24th... should I stop with my socks and make the easy fair isle from SnB? Decisions, decisions... I'll keep you posted.

Oh and I almost forgot!! Thanks to my Secret Pal! SHe send a cute little post card of skiers in Sun Valley. My husband got really excited for the pictures! He loves skiing! Snowboarding and winter in general. I have skied, but I have a bad back now and the bumbs and downhill falls would really mess me up more than normal, so no I don't ski any more. But I do love my snowshoes!

4 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks look wonderful. I really like the Broadripple pattern. It fits so well.
Can you post a photo of the fair isle sweater? I think I've seen it. Is it in the second S'nB book? I think it would be great to have project for the tour.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my snowshoes, too!

Love the socks. Such a pretty color!

I've had a hankering to make the SnB fair isle sweater, too.

Your SP8

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Your completed socks are beautiful!

Enjoy the long holiday weekend!

Shelly

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

You are making progress on your "summer of socks". I love the Broadrippple pattern. Do you know there is a list of erratas for the Sensational Socks book? I just bought that book last week. There are quite a few corrections. Let me know if you can't find the list. Have a great Fourth of July.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home