Saturday, July 29, 2006

Who doesn't love flowers and candy?

That's all thanks to my secret pal! SHe sent me a package containing only candy and flowers! What fun right? Wait until you see this fun stuff! I was so excited to see the mailman drop off a package yesterday! And then I opened it!



Lots of flowers and candy! Adorable flower stitch markers in a small altoid can. Love them! A wonderful gerbera daisy flower felting kit! So cute! A flower necklace and flower erasers! Plus 2 candy sticks from her vacation to Montana (my husband swiped the licorice one... his favorite), a Choxie truffle bar with chilis that we ate together last night, and a crazy Idaho Spud candy. We just saw how these were made on Food Network last week! I am saving this one. Luckily husband doesn't like coconut! Oh and she also sent a sugar facial scrub that is now next to the bathroom sink ready to be used today! And the card was a sunflowery picture too! Thank you thank you SP! What a fun and summery package you sent!!

I have been working on my Opal Ripple socks with sock yarn from another secret pal round. I even used the reinforcing thread for the heels and will use it for the toes as well. I like the little varigated effect it is having. I am showing you a close up of the ripple pattern. I like using the self striping yarns for these ripple pattern. Nice effect. I should be finished with them this weekend along with the book I am reading (Master Butcher's SInging CLub by Louise Eldrich -- I am loving it so far!)


And lastly for our sp group contest....
1. What is your favorite season?
I love fall and spring the best even though I get summers off!

2. Where is or would be your favorite place in the world to take a vacation?
There are lots of places I have yet to travel to... I think Alaska is high on my list..

3. If you could have any job in the world and not worry about finances (everything would be taken care of), which means you'd be doing something you actually like, what would it be?
That's a tough one... I think I would open my own shop that combined teas, books, flowers and knitting...

4. What is your favorite project to knit or crochet?
I will have to say socks! I adore them!

5. What is your favorite food - whether it be a main dish, dessert, snack, whatever?
I love chinese food most of all, but good chocolate is next!

6. What is your favorite way to relax and unwind?
Swinging in the backyard on the hammock reading or curled up with my needles on the couch...

3 Comments:

At 5:56 PM, Blogger soapy said...

What a fun package! Gerat stuff!! A neckalce from easraseers? Very intersting..
neat socks coming along nicely!

 
At 4:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a fantastic package you received - all those goodies must have made your day!
And I love how your socks are coming along, the colorline is truly amazing!

 
At 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee, that was certainly a fun and whimsical package.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home