Monday, July 24, 2006

Wowie!

Sad but true I finished my next set of socks. I love the color stripes and all. My husband thought they were very fun. I do have more of this yarn to make him a pair of his own, but not just yet.

I love the fact tha they don't match exactly too. That makes them a little more fun in my mind. So as I was sewing up the toe on these I was thinking what could I make next. So many of you have several projects going at once and could easily pick up another once you finished with something, but I was thinking maybe I should get a head start on some holiday gifts. I have two little nieces. I would like to make them each an outfit or sweater. Then there are a few co-workers, but I can't really think about that quite yet. Today I found out that 4 more women are expecting and due all in February. Strange happenings. Two of them just came back from maternity leave. So many things to make for others... am I being selfish to want to just work on projects for me and me alone this whole summer? Yes you guessed it I cast on for another pair of socks. To me they are mindless summer projects that are helping me use up my stash and bone up my wardrobe for the winter.This time I am working on the Rainbow Ripple pattern from an older Opal newsletter. So far so good, but I don't have much done on them right now. I am digging working on two socks almost at the same time. Maybe they go quicker for me. I am trying to do a part of the sock (ie: cuff, legg, heel, etc) and then do the same on the second one. It is working for me for now.

Oh and I almost forgot. I rec'd another postcard from my SP8 last week while she was away on vacation. Very cute postcard. My husband wishes he could have been transported right there! I keep forgetting to snap a picture of it, but I didn't want to foget mentioning it again.

5 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I really love these socks - and like you I absolutely like the fact that the stripes don't match exactly, this makes them all the more unique and special!
I don't think it's selfish of you at all to knit something for yourself again, after all it's definitely ourselves who appreciate the whole work that the knitting process gives best! I'm looking forward to seeing your next pair of socks!

 
At 4:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are really cute! Enjoy knitting for yourself guilt-free!

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger soapy said...

they look great!

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Those are some great looking socks. I like the fact they don't match too. I heard Knitpicks has a new sock yarn. I have yet to check it out.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Great looking socks. I love knitpick's yarn. Really good quality at a good price.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home