Friday, July 21, 2006

It feels like forever since I was here

This week has really gone too fast. I was wondering, I have the whole summer off with nothing really to do and this week was one of those weeks where 17 things had to get done or places to go! Next week nothing! Why do I have to cramp all these unplanned things into one week! There is no real answer, but does that happen to you?

Beside bookclub and various other activities I also babysat my niece Ellie for the last two days. Man is she cute! And such a smiler. I forgot how exhausting entertaining someone hours on end can be! I did manage a few quick moments with this four month old nugget to start a simple, yes dare I say it, pair of socks! I see you laughing at me and my summer of socks. You thought I was kidding right? I was going to start a wool cardigan, but with this crazy heatwave I didn't want to touch my beautiful bulky wool! Socks once again!

These are just my own standard socks pattern that fit me really well. I had some simple stripes yarn from Knitpicks to use and I am on my way to another pair.

Of course I am not just making socks this socks, but those are top priority! I did make slippers! And crocheted a cute catnip mouse that I am sending off to my secret pal later next month. Which is just around the corner! SP ends around August 15th I think. Hopefully her cats like the mouce and she likes the cute pocketbook slippers.

3 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Socks are the perfect summer knitting project. Small and easy to transport, no heavy yarn project in the lap. Last summer I knitted about three pairs of socks. This year, zilch. I need to get back into the sock mode.

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger soapy said...

ahhh cute.. Yes I have those same weeks, slammed with everything to do all at once or nothing>.. Your definately not alone!

 
At 5:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like you, knitting socks is just perfect during this heat, I couldn't for the life of me touch some real wool these days, I start sweating when I just think of it! And your socks are once more so gorgeous already, I love the yarn you're using!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home