Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Big trouble

Well, maybe not big, but trouble all the same... here is my lovely FEFI...

Can you tell what the trouble may be? She has been sitting for days with no work being done to her to help in the completion of this project... sadly I ran out of yarn. I mentioned in the last post that I was cutting it close that is an understatement. I have to pick up and knit the second buttonhole edging band and sew up the sleeves, but sdaly I have run out of yarn. I am distrought over this. I knew I should have bought that one extra skein. I just wasn't thinking clearly at the time I guess. Now I have to purchase just one more skein. I have been on a self-inflicted yarn diet since April. Believe or not, I haven't purchased any yarn since April. My husband was funny when I explained the situation... "You could sneak a skein! There is no reason why you should go get the yarn you need." How funny! I just didn't want to run into town to try and find parking during tourist season. I was hoping to wait until Sept to buy it, but I may have to go next week. I just can't stand the thought of FEFI laying there so unfinished!

However, my hands are not idle. I picked up a project I had planned for my soon to be 2-yr-old neice. I am about half way done and will post a picture when it is done in the next day or so. Yes it is a small project. Her b-day is about three weeks away.

I received another postcard from my secret pal. I don't have it the show you, but I really loved all the post cards I received. What a fun way to keep in touch and fill someone's mail box! Thanks again! Can't wait until the big reveal!

6 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Aww, too bad about running out of yarn! The sweater is gorgeous though.

 
At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh It's beautiful!! Run do not walk to your LYS and get a ball of yarn and finish that sweater!!! I can't wait to see a photo of you wearing it!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 4:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, isn't it such a nightmare running out of yarn? I'm so sorry this happened to you and hope you'll be getting the extra skein soon and without problems! The sweater is so beautiful though!

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Diane said...

WAAAAWWW. Hate to run out of yarn. Quickly, quickly, to the yarn store so we can oohhh and ahhhh over you beautiful sweater.

 
At 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sweater is really cute. Hurry up and get that skein of yarn. The sweater is begging to be finished!

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger soapy said...

looks great! I hope your able to finish it after all that work..maybe shorten the sleeves?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home