Friday, August 11, 2006

I must confess...

Remember how I have been saying that I never or rarely set down a project to pick up a different one? I have to finish one thing from beginning to end before I move on? Well, it has happened! I stopped working on my wool SnB cardigan this week. Don't get me wrong I really like it and am making progress. The back is done up to joining the sleeves to complete the fair isle, and I finished one sleeve earlier in the week.... then I talked to my mother. Strange coment. There is a woman coming to visit on Sunday who is a school nurse and works with disadvantaged families in her area, so she is collecting old clothes, odds and ends and I thought oh I have these four blankets sitting at my house waiting for a good cause. My mother talked to her on Tuesday and was excited about the new items made especially for someone who really needed them. Well I put together those squares I was working on...

It came out really cute right? I thought some kid would get a kick out of it, so I'll bring it to the school nurse when she arrives on Sunday. Then I thought I really have to do something about some of my acyrlic yarn that is just waiting to be made into blankets, so I picked out all the blue yarn I had and started making another blanket. It is just a simple crocheted shell, but I figured I could whip it up and get finished for Sunday. I started it yesterday and am making pretty good progress. Don't worry, I still have my cardi out and I will pick it up again after I finish this latest blanket. Not a bad reason to set something down, but I hate not to finish something from beginning to end!

Hello SP! I really do appreciate all the mail in my mailbox lately! Or really over the last couple of months! You got me again today before I had a chance to put up the last post card! I was lagging behind there for a bit!

How funny are these post cards? You know me well! Potatoes are high on my "how do I love thy" list! I think I coud eat potatoes any way they are served... mashed/smashed are excellent and a really good baked potato can't be beat and then there are fries and potato chips... oh pardon me I am drooling! And that jackalope is adorable! Thanks for the post cards! They are a treat!

This week as summer seems to be coming to a close, I know I dared to say it, but I have to go back to work in about three weeks. To me once I start thinking about this, then I start thinking of holiday projects and gifts! I started to make a list of things this week and am already a bit overwhelmed. There are four teachers expecting babies at school from Dec-Feb., my neice, Gracie will be two in Sept, then there is Christmas handmade gifts for both my neices and I still have yet to cast on for the latest 6SoxKAL sock! I think I have the yarn picked, but well as you have already read, I have been busy. So over then next few months you will once again see lots of baby and small girlie things knit by me to be given away. Now I don't feel so bad I made all those socks for myself over the past couple of months! They are well deserved!

6 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger soapy said...

those squares are looking great!

 
At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the mitered squares blanket. I too have done several charity & gift items this summer, using stash, both yarn and fabric. Whatever happened to the summer? We all have to be back a week from Tuesday, and school starts the following week.

We also had the quadruple baby shower at school in May, and all got crocheted giant granny square blankets from me, all in different yarns, which gave each one a very different feel.

 
At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blanket is beautiful! Someone will absolutely love it.
Knitting for others is a fine reason to stop working on something for yourself. You'll get back to it.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 4:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had that same experience not long ago - I thought I couldn't work on two or more projects similarly, having to finish one before starting the next - well, these times are gone, obviously! I still don't have as many projects on the go as others do, but these days when I've finished something and am working on one more thing only, I feel so lonely and have to start something new ;)
I do love those sqaures you've been doing, such fantastic colors!

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

I love the blanket...the color combination is great. Summer is flying by as it always does. Fall is one of my favorite seasons too.

 
At 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome blanket!

Another yummy way to eat potatoes: Teeny, tiny new red potatoes with peas from the garden in a white sauce. My grandma always made that for Sunday dinner this time of year.

Your Secret Pal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home