Friday, August 04, 2006

Too hot for wool

Yes, I am still knitting, but I can't touch my wool sweater project yet. Maybe in another day or so once the temps head closer to 80 degrees. Instead I picked up some squares to make an afghan. I made 8 squares last summer (probably around the same time for the same reason!) and decided to see if I could finish a small blanket this summer to donate.

Here's my progress:

and they will go together I think like this:

Maybe I'll go around it with black and leftover varigated, but who knows. Here's the link to what it should really look like --> Psychedelic Squares Afghan. It is a fun pattern and goes together fairly quick. I am not a big fan of sewing squares or blocking, but I will have to do those with this project!

It finally rained this morning so at least the temps are a bit lower, but it is hard to excited about much when the humidity level is higher than the actual temperature. What can we be in for today.

On a postive note, I am off to see my cutie pie niece this morning for a visit. At least she can put a smile on my face!

5 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Oh, I really like your squares and thanks so much for the link to the pattern.

Yep, it sure is hot to be knitting with a bunch of wool right now. I keep thinking of fall weather....and hoping. : )

Have a great weekend!

Shelly

 
At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, your afghan is coming along so fine, I love the colors you chose, they will definitely lighten up many a gray winter's day!
I sure hope it's been cooling down a bit for you over there - here we had rain for the past two days and gosh, it's so lovely and cool now, time to knit again!

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger soapy said...

Oh What fun! Great coloring too!

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Kerry said...

Oooh!!! I love Saratoga Needle Arts almost as much as my own LYS. I also love the Periwinkle Sheep in Albany. I'm going to have to make a trip there soon since my yarnaholic card is now full. Have you been to Sue's store in Lake Placid? It's absolutely wonderful! You'll have to look me up the next time you plan a trip to LP. :-)

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Diane said...

I love the squares. What a cute idea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home