Friday, November 03, 2006

Happy November

Can you feel the enthusiam? It has been a pretty good week despite a few minor computer issues and some craziness. I wanted to post with the picture of the finished baby sweater and two pairs of fingerless mitts. One pair is for me especially since the mornings are a bit nippy! I have been warming up the car, so these mitts will help with the cold steering wheel. The other pair are a gift for my library clerk.

Have you ever had a day where everything looked spelled wrong? And even after looking up the word it still looks completely out of whack? That has been today. I can't spell worth a thing today. And as I type this, my fingers are hitting all the wrong keys! Ahhh....

Well I just finished off a really interesting book, The Mercy Of Thin Air. A little on the freaky side at the beginning, but overall I really enjoyed it. This morning I picked up The Music Lesson. It is set in Ireland and all I can think of is taking a trip there to scout out yarn as the character walks through museums and the countryside. This one is for my bookclub. I will have this one done long before the weekend is over!

Currently I am working on a sweater for my 2 1/2 yo niece for Christmas. It is in a heathery purple color with off white stripes. I have the back done and have just cast on for the front. It seems to move along quickly. I plan to work on this project this weekend in front of a good movie. I do have plans to cast on for the latest 6soxKAL, but I don't know when just yet. I have the yarn set out, with no time in my current future.

6 Comments:

At 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute sweater and lovely mitts!
I have noticed that my spelling is getting worse... I have to look everything up and it still doesn't look right.
You won't mind doing the afterthought heel. It is very easy and the directions in the pattern are well written. I skipped the section of the leg where you can write something. I didn't know what to write and I wanted the socks a little shorter. I finished the first sock today and will cast on for the second tonight. I want them done. What colors have you picked?
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Noey D. said...

The baby sweater is so cute! and the mitts look nice and toasty!

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

That's an andorable little sweater and great mitts.

 
At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute sweater and mitts. I think the older I get, the more my spelling suffers. Oh well..

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

What a lovely little baby sweater. The mitts look warm and toasty. I am glad you liked The Mercy of Thin Air. I really liked it to.... I loved Razi.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Knitting mitts is sooo addicting and just about everyone loves to get a pair too. The baby sweater is really cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home