Friday, November 10, 2006

Happy Veteran's Day

Yes, well I am home from school today. We had the day off in honor of Veteran's Day. I left the house early this morning to run to WM, Besy Buy, TJMaxx as well as ACMoore. I got a lot of Christmas shopping done. In fact I am almost done. Just a few more things for my husband and then the wrapping. I wait closer to Christmas for that though since it is not close enough to the holidays yet. I have a few things to make including two different hats for my husband and maybe a pair of socks if I can squeeze those in... I did finish the purple sweater for Gracie...

I think it came out pretty well, but I am hoping it'll fit her. I am not used to baby/kid sizes at all. I was thinking about whipping up a matching hat to go with it with the left over yarn. Right now I am working on another trellis sweater for Ellie. I on on the back with one repeat of the pattern done... not really too far along yet, but seems to be moving pretty quickly this time through. After computer time, I am heading over to the chair to pick it up.

Not big plans really for the weekend. We have to go help move a few pieces of furniture tomorrow and have pizza with my aunt who is in town from Texas. Sunday hopefully will be quiet. Oh I just remembered we are dog/house sitting this week for my FIL. It is almost time to head over there to feed the dogs and then have our own dinner. Hope all of your projects are coming along well.

7 Comments:

At 7:47 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Cute Sweater!

I have decided not to do any holiday knitting this year. I am already behind on gift knitting. Good luck finishing all your projects in time.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

No holiday knitting for me either. The sweater is adorable. A matching hat would be cute.

 
At 9:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute sweater for Gracie. I'm sure she'll look like a little doll in it. Be sure to post a pic of her wearing it!!!

 
At 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a cute sweater! I really love the colors, and I'm sure Gracie will enjoy it big time! I'd love to see a pic of her wearing it!

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

You are always so giving and generous!

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Maureen - Just a quick hello from your SP! I hope your month has been good - and yay! next week we get a break!

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger soapy said...

Very cute sweather. Hope Gracie enjoys!! Enjoy the compnay and pizza!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home