Thursday, December 28, 2006

Almost the new year

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We are still having family get togethers here. Do I dare say I am ready to go back to work for a little normalcy... Not quite. I will enjoy the next few days off and relax. Christmas Eve my husband and I spent with my family and my 9 month old neice. She was funny opening her presents. She looked adorable in the pink pedal bib and hat I made for her. Christmas morning it was just my husband and I having a quite morning. We then went to his sister's house for another family gathering with his parents and their spouses plus an aunt and uncle and our 2 year old neice Gracie. She loved the sweater and hat set I made for her. Infact everyone tried on the hat and it looked good on all! Last night was all of his side of the family step brothers and sisters and more nieces and nephews. Good food, but my face hurt from smiling too much.

My husband LOVED the two hats I made for him. He wore eac one to our family gathering just to show them off. He really liked the NORO one the best, but loved the really fair isle colored one too. So I am glad I tried them and they were successful projects.

Today I got up and fianlly called the doctor's office to see if I could get a Rx for some antibiotics. I am still fighting this sinus thing. The nurse prac. was so sweet, but pointed out all my medical flaws! Turns out, I taught her son at school. She was thrilled that I remembered him now that he is in middle school. She gave me my Rx and some samples. Lovely woman! Hopefully I will be good as new when I start back at school!

Yes, of course I am knitting. I cast on for my own pair of chain links. They are coming along so fast!

The main color is grey from Knitpicks and I am using some of my leftover trekking. The chain are really subtle, but I really like them. I made them longer than I normally do, but I am hoping that I like them this high on my legs. Well, I am off to check on a few blogs, then sit down and knit before I have to get ready to head out again tonight. College basketball tonight near Albany, NY.

4 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I'm thrilled you had such a wonderful Christmas and that your knitted gifts were a big hit.

I hope you feel much better soon. And, I love your socks that you're knitting!

 
At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad your Christmas went well. Isn't it great when everyone loves their gifts!
Your socks look great!!
We've got the sinus thing at our house too. I hope you feel better.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Glad your Christmas was so much fun. And nice that your hubby was thrilled with both hats. Don't you love it when you make the perfect gift for the perfect person?

Hope those antibiotics get you well soon.

 
At 5:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope the antibiotics will work and you'll feel much better soon!
Happy New Year, and all the best to you and your family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home