Saturday, January 20, 2007

Surprises from SP, but still a mystery

I was so happy to open my door yesterday and see a HUGE box on the front porch. I even put away the groceries first before I opened the box! My secret pal was so good to me! She said she missed the post office last time and added everything into this box. I couldn't believe it when I opened the package!

I just kept pulling things out! One after another! Before I show you any more I just have to say that I was trying to figure out where in the country she was from... thinking that might help me... On the outside of the box it said AK... I couldn't believe my luck! I didn't have to go very far inside the box to have my wishes and dreams come true! One thing you should know about me, I have always loved the idea of Alaska. I am jealous of the people I have known that have gotten to travel there. I watch all the Travel Channel shows about the Alaskan Wilderness and Denali National Park. My husband and I have Alaska high on our "place to go" list. I teach the kids at school about and follow the Iditarod every year (and for the last 15 years I guess it has been)... so I had the biggest smile on my face when I found out that my secret pal is from Alaska! I just think it is so awesome!

And I think she sent some snow our way too. We haven't seen snow yet this winter and in came the flurries and squalls while her package came closer to my front door!

I got so candycane cocoa that I can't wait to try. I have hot water ready to pour into a cup when I am finished here. Plus fun fish mints and Polar bear kisses!

An adorable handstamped snow themed card with a lovely note inside. One of her favorite author's books autographed to me!! (Can I tell you what a sucker I am for books especially when signed by the author!) A small pouch great for my odds and ends when I take my knitting bag with me. I was just thinking this week I needed a little something! And a wonderful Alaskan magnet which is already on my frig!

Oh the yarn! I could not stop admiring it! Going on a theme the Cherry Tree Hill is "Northern Lights" (something I hope to see in person instead of in pictures!!) Wildefoot sock yarn in vanilla and so soft cotton yarn...from Classic Elite Yarns. I am not sure what to make from it, but it wonderful!!!

Can you even believe there is more! A wonderful Thrummed mitten kit! I have had these on my list to make for a year or two! The kit is alpaca and in a morron color with greyish roving for the thrums! There was also an Alaskan calendar! I was just trying to find a good one in the store last week with no luck so this has a place of honor in our kitchen. My husband and I were both so happy to see the pictures in the calendar! More places to put on our list to see when we get there!!

Will you take a look at this lovely scarf she knit for me. I got it yesterday and have already worn it twice! It looks great with my faux sheep sheared jacket! It is so soft and I love the yarn used too! ANd lastly... fun dragonfly fabric! It looks like a whole yard of it! It is pretty study so I was thinking maybe pillow cases/covers for my couch or better yet placemats for my kitchen to go with my curtains! All I can say is wow!

I am so overwhelmed by my secret pal's thoughfulness and generousity of gifts. I can't thank you enough! Thank you so much secret pal!! You have definately made my year so far!! But I can only thank her here since her identity is still a mystery!!!

7 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What wonderful goodies!!!! You definitely got spoiled by your SP.

 
At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!! You have a fabulous secret pal. Look at all the goodies. The scarf she knit for you is lovely.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

That is a wonderful package that you received from your awesome Secret Pal. I would love to visit Alaska, too.

Stay warm and safe and enjoy all your goodies!

You'll have go give us a report on the candy...especially the fish breath mints! : )

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Boy what a lucky girl you are. And you used great restraint putting away the groceries before opening the box. I think this is one of the best packages I've ever seen!

I saw the northern lights when I was 14 and living in Ohio. Breath takingly beautiful. Words just can't discribe them.

 
At 2:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What an amazing package you've received, such wonderful goodies! The scarf is totally awesome, it looks so soft and warm and cozy - fantastic!!! You're a very lucky girl, aren't you? ;)

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

What a wonderful package from your secret pal. She obviously put alot of thought into it. I am a huge fan of Cherry tree Hill yarn. You will love it.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Your secret pal was very kind. Looks like someone tried very hard to give things you would enjoy.

Thanks for your prayers for Brian. I really appreciate it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home