Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Some Progress

But yet so far from my goal... Here is my sock progress right after I last posted:


Well that was pretty good but here is how far I have gotten in several days:


Not so good. Funny thing is, everythime I thought my dear husband wasn't going to be around, there he was. Now it wouldn't normally be a bad thing, but when you are trying to make a special surprise for someone you don't want to see them pop up early! So I am actually knitting the socks while on the computer tonight and I think he is working late so I may have an extra hour or two to make some progress.

Of course then I had to have something to do while he was home in the same room with me so I have made these:

There are for the red scarf project, but I don't know if they will except this year now since the deadline is January 2007... Maybe if I get them in the mail tomorrow afterschool, they will make it on time to send out again for Valentine's Day. Now that these scarves are done I will be able to start a pair of socks for me! Just in time too... the next pattern in the 6SOxKAL is being announced tomorrow. I am not sure if I can wait that long!

3 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, the socks for your husband are going to be so beautiful - they actually already are! It's certainly some kind of phenomenon that people who we're knitting a surprise for always tend to show up as soon as we take the needles in our hands! But you *will* get to finish them, I'm positive about that ;)
And wow, the red scarves that you did are so gorgeous! I'm sure you'll get them in in time - and who would care for a couple days after the deadline if the mail is slow? Very beautiful work!

 
At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sock looks great! I love the colors. Your husband will be thrilled.
The scarves are so pretty. I'm sure they'll be able to get them in time.
Did you see the new sock for the Six Sox KAL? They look nice. I'm not thrilled with toe up but I do like to mix it up now and then.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

The socks look great...I am sure he will love them. I like your red scarves. Are you going to sew the flowers on the ends?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home