Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Storm is over!

Thankfully it has finally stopped snowing. The sun is out and shining, but if you look closely it is VERY cold out there today.

The wind is whipping around. I finally found my car this morning under all that snow. After I took yesterday's picture, more and more kept coming down. I was amazed at how much snow really fell in the course of a day or two. In places it is up to my thighs! That's a lot of snow! Some where around 2 - 2 1/2 feet I guess.
We had to use the snow blower to make a path for the dog to get out into the yard.

Bailey loves the snow! But he can't really get to far into it right now. I am off from school again today. I think mostly to keep everyone off the roads so they can clear things up. We probably could have just done a delay, but I am NOT complaining with another day to sit and knit. I have a couple of fun fur hats done. Two are for the nieces and the rest will be mailed off for Kate's Project. Then who knows what I will dive into next... could be a baby sweater set or my niece's birthday poncho... ooooh! or socks for me!

Can't remember if I mentioned this yesterday, but Husband LOVED his new socks. He wanted to know when I snuck them into his bag! He was delighted to find them and show them off!

2 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did get a lot of snow. I think it's better to have the full day off from school than just a delay. We had a delay here and when I went out at noon the roads were still a mess.
Your husband must have been so surprised that you could knit his socks and he have no idea!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Diane said...

We only ended up with 3" of sleet here in CT. Will take that any day of the week over all that snow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home