Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day or February Fury?

Well both actually. The Weather Channel is labeling this amazing blizzard the February Fury. We haven't had much winter up until today! Of course we got it all in one punch! I think we are up over two feet of snow and it is still coming down and will continue until late tomorrow morning. Here's my car as of 5pm in our driveway...

Most of the driveway is "clear" except for my vehicle. I haven't seen this much snow in a while. My husband is out snowblowing a few people but has done our place twice already. I have only seen him for about 30 minutes this Valentine's Day. We don't really get all goofy and celebrate this day as a special day except for the fact that it is my half birthday! Weird I know! While he has been out today I have been baking and planning for our dinner in tonight. I made brownies for dessert (yes I do believe in starting with dessert first!) Some chocolate chip biscotti for tomorrow morning and the base for some White Chocolate Sherbet that I saw the recipe for and had to try. It is really for my BIL on Friday. He loves white chocolate so I thought I'd make him a special treat for his 40th. Hope it comes out well, then I can make it again!

Here's my Caloritry. I used the Manos yarn that my secret pal sent to me. Still have to find a button! Since I wasn't leaving the house today or even tomorrow, I didn't feel the pressure to finish it. It came out pretty cute! I have also been working on a few more fun fur hats. I went to a new knitting group gathering on Monday and wanted to bring an easy project, so I started these again. Once I finished this current and next one, I'll post a picture of them.

Enjoy the snow. I am getting my snowshoes ready for vacation next week!

3 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Blogger Marguerite said...

Glad you finally got your snow.

No, I don't want any back. We have plenty and some to spare.

 
At 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW you did get some snow!! We got a small amount of snow and bit of rain and now we have a ton of ice. School is delayed 2 hours. I hope you get another snow day!
Your caloritry is so pretty.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Caloritry came out very nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home