Thursday, March 08, 2007

Sign of Spring?!?!

As I was on my way to work, a robin flew in front of my car. I know I wasn't seeing things, but are robins still a sign of spring? For the past week and a half the temps have been at or below zero. No robin in his or her right mind would want to be flying around the state of NY! If they hang around until next week, I hear the temperature may hit 40 degrees! A real heatwave for us. Th said we have been 30 degree below normal for this time of year.

Things around here seem to be nutty as usual. School a mad house, my own house just plain crazed! I did however finish my book for bookclub tonight (The Same Sweet Girls by Cassandra King)... not my choice, but it was a good read once you got 100 pages in and could tell the 6 characters and their husbands apart. I also finished two pairs of wool socks for CIC.

I hope to mail that box out before the end of March. The box is getting full.

4 Comments:

At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have been seeing robins here for a bit over 2 weeks. It was discussed on the gardening radio show and the guy said some robins are staying all winter. Odd I though but since we did have a warmer than usual start to winter I can see why some would stay.
The socks are so cute. I'm sure someone will love and appreciate them.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Love the little socks.... I think robins are staying all winter. I have been seeing them on and off for a few months. Spring is just around the corner. I can't wait!!!!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Diane said...

I'd love to say robins are a sign of spring but I'm still friggin' pissed at that stupid groundhog! Been nothing but cold ever since he said spring was coming early.

The socks are cute as always. Don't you just love knitting cic socks? So fast!

 
At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These socks are so cute, I love the colours! And yay for spring being just around the corner - robins are usually a true sign over here that spring is arriving soon - hope it's like that over there as well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home