Wednesday, March 28, 2007

IK has been found!

Thankfully, it was in a pretty good spot, right on top of a pile of stuff I had just looked through. So I didn't have to dig too far! I was thinking about doing the "dollar and a half cardigan" KAL or the "Cable-down raglan" would be a fun KAL... even if I don't join one of them, there is always the "roza's socks" to make! I have the magazine, so all is endless for now.

Here is the beginnings of my "bag yet to be felted"

It is a booga j bag made with Noro Kureyon number 139. I am not totally crazy about the green stripe, but it is growing on me a bit. I have enough yarn (in different colors) to make 2 more of these bags. I may cast on for these over the weekend and felted them while the DH is away. I will pick the one I like the best for me and put the other two away for Christmas presents. Is that wrong? To keep the one I like best for myself?

8 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the colors you chose - I just felted up a booga myself. Don't get too attached to how the colors look now, it tends to be sometimes strange which ones choose to 'pop' when you felt it! Do post pictures after you felt - I love seeing bags :)

 
At 3:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Noro-colourway - I actually like the green in it a lot, it freshens it up even more, so to say! Gorgeous!

 
At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Booga Bag is going to be lovely. I see nothing wrong with keeping the one you like the best.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Oh...I just love the picture of little Ellie in her outfit. What a cutie. I can't wait for my step children to make me a grammy! I am looking forward to seeing your bag felted. Glad you found your IK. I want tomake the Roza socks too.

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Kat said...

I think it is perfectly fine to keep your favorite and gift the others, particularly if you think the recipients would prefer the other colors. I am so so about the booga bag I gave to my MIL (I do not do a lot of beige), but I knew she would love it.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Beautiful Bag! I always love the way yarn looks before felting which makes me too nervous to try felting myself.

Can't wait to see your bag post-felting!

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Ik has been found. Hurrah!!!

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Marguerite said...

Certainly you have to keep the one you like best.

Who's to say which one your gift recipient will like best? Probably not the same one you do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home