Friday, March 23, 2007

Finished socks

I finished the toe this morning on the zigzag socks. The pattern was quite fast. Faster if I had had more time to sit and knit. Fast new friends!


I am in love with this trampoline yarn. It totally stretches! I'll have to see if I can find any more in another color. I finished them just in time to wear them to work today. They feel great! Here's a close up of the pattern:


Tonight is Ellie first birthday party. Wrapped for her are the hooded poncho and a fun fur hat. Should be an extra fun fiesta! Hopefully we'll get a picture of her in the hat and the poncho! Ca wait to see the little cutie!

Not sure what my next project will be. I need to mend my felted slippers, but I can't find the pattern to make just a sole to sew on. I love these slippers and can't bear to let them go yet, but I need to give them a little extra love to make them last a bit longer. So after I fix them up, maybe I will cast on for a cardigan I have been looking at or a felted bag. I have the yarn for both, but can't decide! More socks you say... why yes I could do that too!

5 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Beautiful socks! : )

Enjoy the birthday party and have a wonderful weekend.

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the socks! They look very pretty.
Have fun at the birthday party. I can't believe Ellie is one already.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

I love the socks...and what a pretty color. I hope your little niece will model her poncho :)
The blanket in your other post is adorable.

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the color of the socks!

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Mothergoose said...

I love the socks. I did mine in greys and blues. Where did you get the pattern for the teddy bear blanket? It is adorable.
Thanks Carla
mothergoose99.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home