Monday, March 19, 2007

More Snow

Can you even believe we had a St Patty's day storm that left us with another foot and a half of snow. Things were fine by Sunday, but it is flurrying as I type right now.... doesn't spring start on Wednesday? Keep your fingers crossed! I think I am ready to see more signs of spring!

I have been working hard. I finished one sock on Friday and the blanket on Saturday. I cast on a second sock yesterday and tried to finish a not-so-good book.


This came out pretty cute. I'll bring it to my charity meeting next month. A fast and fun pattern. I added a frilly border to use up a bit more yarn.


I have never used trampoline yarn before but it is stretchy! The socks look small, but they fit great! I'll try to get a pic of the zigzag stitch up close when they are finished. Knit Night at my friends house was a lot of fun! Most are beginners, but I helped several of the ladies with their pieces. One learned to bind off and two learned to purl! I think we are making a few new knitters!

4 Comments:

At 3:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strange weather here too - we got the first real snow (10 inches and more...) of this winter, now that everyone was ready for spring... ;( You've been very productive lately though - the blanket is so beautiful, and gosh, I absolutely adore your socks, how great they look in this gorgeous colourway!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Spring is coming, I promise. We're already having lots of green showing up and blooms everywhere....so it should get to you soon!

The blanket is wonderful. I really love it! The sock is great too....wonderful colors.

Have a wonderful week!

 
At 10:39 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

What an adorable blanket. I'm a big fan of teddy-bears!

The yarn looks good. Even if it was your first time working with it, your sock looks great.

Congrats on helping others learn to knit! I remember how learning each step was so exciting when I first started to learn. I'm sure the ladies will be forever thankful to you.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Kat said...

That is an amazingly cool blanket.

The weather is warming up here. Unfortunately I haven't been out and about to enjoy it. However, the cats are basking in the sun in the windowsills.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home