Friday, April 06, 2007

What do you get...


When you make four green triangles and a yellow tube?

A Luna moth of course. Here is my latest with her friend the butterfly. I love the moth, but the butterfly is iffy. These are going to go to my niece Gracie on Easter.
She is a HUGE fan of finger puppets and when I saw the pattern on Knitpicks, I had to have it. I don't really like the other puppets, but I made try the caterpillar before Easter Brunch. I have another thing to try before then too. Wish me luck!




Oh boy, big sigh of relief! I sat and did the taxes this afternoon. I had book club last night and my wonderful husband thought it would be a good idea to put in the new toilet while I was out of the house. Good thinking, but could you do you end of the taxes while I am out instead! I need to do the taxes more than we needed the toilet! Well, he did his "quickbooks" and receipts, so that he had almost finished last night when I got home. Today after lunch I sat down and within about 2 hours I had both state and federal completed! Thank you very much! Now to get them in the mail next week and I will be a happy(ier) girl!

I am on my first day of vacation and I feel very productive already! Did errands this morning, dishes, groceries, finished sewing a moth, and the taxes. I feel great! Now I am ready to collapse on the couch with a new book! I grabbed a Maggie Sefton knitting mystery, so I am set and ready!

A friend at bookclub last night works at a neo-natal unit of our local hospital. She was telling me that they are running out of preemie hats. Just this past week I was sorting through my stash to make some things for the preemie project. Well why not donate locally as well. I will see her next month, so lets see how many little hats I can finish before our next meeting. Another lady there ran out to her car for a pattern she has been using and gave it to me. SO now I have plenty of baby yarn stash as well as many preemie patterns. I guess I could work on a few of these while on vacation too! My list grows!

7 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I love your moth and butterfly! They are SO CUTE!

Congrats on the completion of your taxes and being so productive today...and Happy Vacation!

Preemie hats are such a fun and quick knit. I hope you meet or exceed your goal with ease.

Have a great weekend!

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Have a wonderful vacation. Your winged friends are cute.

Now I'm feeling guilty about not getting my taxes done yet .... not guilty enough to get off the computer. lol

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Noey D. said...

How cute!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Kat said...

I love the moth. I think that to make a butterfly I would use the moth pattern with butterfly colors. (I always prefer butterflies with pointy bottom wings.)

 
At 2:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how cute the moth and the butterfly are - so lovely indeed!
Have a great weekend and: Happy Easter!

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh I really really love your butterfly and moth! It seems pretty simple - did you work from a pattern or can you share? I love any kind of bug at all (well not the actual creepy crawly kind, the cute kind you make or buy LOL I work in QA so bugs are my 'thing') and would love to make some!

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Adorable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home