Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Death and Taxes

Thankfully no death, but there are the taxes looming over my head! I asked my husband in January if he could get organized and put all his receipts into his book keeping program by the end of February. Well here we are at the beginning of April with nothing from him. I hate to nag, but I would really like to get this done! My part is easy, his part is his own business stuff. At this point I may teach myself quickbooks to get the taxes done! Arg!

On the knitting front... well and crochet this week too. I finished two blankets and knit two adorable little fruit hats!

I am totally trying to use up my acrylic stash, but I swear it makes more of itself when I am not looking! I took all the little balls from every project and crocheted a row! It seemed to take forever, but the stripes look pretty good I think. The square is all the bulky yarn I had in my stash. I have quite a bit of baby yarn and fingering/sport weight. I may do a bit of knitting for the preemie Charity in order to use the yarn and send it away. I hate to have yarn that won't be used. If anyone asks me... Oh I have some yarn to give you, do you still want it? Well yes of course! I can't say no! I haven't bought acrylic in years, but somehow it is still in the house! It is best for children and babies, so once made into some lovely items... to the children with you!

I have been wanting to make an apple hat for a while. I think my niece will really dig it so I tried this pattern from a Family Circle magazine a friend had clipped for me! Well It is a little small, so I will make another a bit bigger for Gracie. Then I spied some orange yarn and made a little pumpkin hat. A friend just found out she is due in October, so I will put both of these hats away for her. Then of course started looking at all the colors I had... I could make a blueberry one... a strawberry... Plus isn't there a berry hat pattern out there? I know there has to be a grape one too. Ahhh, the possibilities. She may get a whole fruit stand from me in the fall!

10 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Blogger Noey D. said...

Your blankets are beautiful and the hats are soooo cute!

 
At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely love your striped blanket, and your hats are super adorable. Hang in there with the acrylic stash busting. Looks like you're making good progress. :-)

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

The stripes are so lovely and the little hats are adorable!

Good luck with your taxes.

 
At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The blankets and hats are wonderful! I think acrylic does multiply in the dark.
Good luck with the taxes.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Those apple hats are addicting. I think I made fruit hats for every child I could think of last year. lol.

Feeling your pain with the tax situation. I've got the computer program and all needed paperwork but can't seem to get put aside the time to get them done. Since I'll probably owe money anyways I'll just wait.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

I love your striped blanket. Great use for those leftover balls. I am trying to use up my stash of acrylic too. But, you are right....it is great for charity knitting. I am enjoying knitting the preemie items. Good luck witht hose taxes. Oh... I almost forgot. The apple hats are just adorable.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Tracy Batchelder said...

Maureen,

Love those little hats! The first hat I ever knitted in the round was an apple hat. I was addicted to knitting for babies after that.

Thanks for the nice comment you left on my blog. Hope you don't mind if I answer your question here since I don't have your email address. These are the settings I have for my Blog Archives:

Style: Hierarchy
Options: Show Post Titles
Archive Frequency: Montly
Date Format: Year: 2006 Month: January.

Tracy

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I *so* hear you and feel with you about your hubby not doing the taxes! CM has done the ones from 2001 (!) lately and we got quite a bit of money back - I suppose there'd be even more if he'd ever get around to it! There's nothing else to do for us girls but nag, nag, nag - it's their fault, absolutely!
You've been doing such beautiful work lately - the blanket is absolutely awesome! You know, I'm in the progress of making something similar these days, just a knitted one - but seeing your crocheted one now makes me wish I'd have crocheted mine too - it looks fabulous, absolutely! Such a lot of work for sure, but definitely worth it!

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I believe acrylic yarn multiplies like clothes hangers. I think they both live on paper clips, since paper clips keep disappearing.
Love the little hats. I've made lots of baby hats, and non-creative me, never thought of making them like veggies & fruits. Thanks for the nudge.
--Tiana

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Rebecca said...

The hats are and blankets are great! I keep wanting to start an afghan - just need to pull out a skein and start, I guess. I have a pattern for berry hats - I'll see if I can find it for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home