Friday, April 13, 2007

More hats, etc.

I got a few more hats done this week. They are nice and easy to do while waiting for the computer pages to load. Yes we still use dial-up. I just can't bring myself to switch when our service is so inexpensive! Sad, but true. I would rather spend the "extra" money on yarn!



I also wanted to show you a better picture of my 6soxKAL socks. I am on the gusset of the second sock and am working both socks at once on dpns. I like starting the socks at the same time and going back and forth Then when I finish one toe, I know the second isn't too far behind.



I feel like I am loosing steam on these socks. I really like them, but I would rather make a quick hat than knit on these lovely socks! Not sure if it is just me or the weather or what. I had a migraine all day yesterday and into this morning, so I wasn't really feeling up to my usual me... plus we had the crazy rain/sleet/snow all day yesterday which was a bit depressing. That could have been where the migraine came from... today was much better. I went and met a friend for lunch and walked around our little downtown area. Sitting in the bookstore I showed her the 3 needle bind off. She is making one of those cute ponchos I just made for my niece. My friend is fairly new to knitting, but she is doing well with all the patterns and yarns she tries!


Not sure of our plans tonight. Yesterday was our 5 year "wedding" anniversary. We eloped, so marriage anniversary... Of course I had the migraine, so we just wished each other a happy day. Maybe we'll do take out tonight or this weekend. Maybe a road trip to the north... Sunday I have my charity meeting. I have several blankets to bring and donate. It is fun to get together with other people who also want to help out in the community by making blankets, etc. for the kids.

4 Comments:

At 2:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all: Happy Anniversary! I'm so sorry to hear that you've been suffering from a migraine - these kind of headaches are the worst! I do hope you're feeling much, much better by now and perhaps there's some celebration plans for the weekend?
Your socks are coming along beautifully, and gosh, these hats are just so adorable! Gorgeous work!

 
At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!
Sorry to hear about the migraines.
The hats are so nice. I can't believe how many you can make.
I love your Horcrux socks! I'm nearly done with mine too.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your charitable work is inspiring! And happy anniversary!

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Happy Anniversary!

You charity knitting is wonderful. I'm sure all your items will be well liked and make some little ones all cuddly and warm.

The weather has been slowing my knitting here, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home