Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Mid-week

It was a beautiful and sunny day today. I was out of the house by 6:45 am to drive to my sister's house. I was babysitting Ellie this morning. What a funny little girl. She has the greatest baby giggle ever! My mom usually does Wednesdays by herself, but she wanted to get some things done this morning, so she asked if I could help out. Glad to do it and spend some time with my niece! After I got back from babysitting, I went out in the yard and did a little clean up of a few of my beds... mainly the herb garden and the hostas under the maple tree. I didn't want to do too much since we are supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow tonight into tomorrow. I didn't want to leave too much unprotected, but I wanted to get out and enjoy a bit of the day!

I have been making a lot of progress on my preemie hat adventure. SO far I have 14 hats complete and set aside for my friend in the neo-natal unit.

I have mostly used a crochet pattern from an old Annie's magazine. Of course I have altered it a bit and made up a couple of my own working patterns. I kit two of the 14, but crochet goes so much faster and seems to use less yarn in this case. Not that I am trying not to use my stash, but I might as well get the most I can right? Not too many color variations, but they are a bit different in size as well. My friend asked for an orange to grapefruit size. Those are needed the most. SO that is what I will try to do. I just printed off two more patterns from the Lionbrand site, so hopefully I can try those out as well.


I also have made progress on my Horicrux Socks... the latest pattern from the 6SoxKAL. It is a fun and fast pattern so far! I have one sock done to the heel and the second is working down the cuff. I am making them a bit longer than what the pattern calls for. I like a bit longer sock. I am using some JaWoll yarn I picked up last Oct from a yarn sale. I love the dark yarn with a blue thread! Of course the picture doesn't do the pattern any justice at all, but they are looking great to me!

8 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

The preemie hats are so very cute. You've done a wonderful job!

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks look great! I love the yarn.
Look at all the hats you knit!! They are wonderful.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Very nice job on the hats. The pattern I sent you....I think the largest size will fit an orange. We are due for three to six inches too.

 
At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your little hats are so absolutely cute - what a great job you've been doing on them! And mind you, I can't wait to see more progress pics of your socks - they're going to look really awesome!

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Crocheted hats are cute. The one my son received in the hospital was crocheted.

That's beautiful yarn you are using for the sock. It's going to be gorgeous!

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Noey D. said...

Your hats are so cute! That's so cool that you're doing that!

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, lots of hats. The neonatal unit will love them.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Wow look at all those hats! They'll be making some mom smile when she goes to the nicu and sees her baby sporting a cool handmade hat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home