Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Yarn store is having a sale!

I received a post card last week that one of my LYS is having an inventory reduction sale! Boy does she need it! There are bags on top of bags of fiber in that place. It is dark and wonderful in there. It really looks like a yarn shipping truck exploded in the store. There is stuff on the floor and piled high. But she has some really great stuff in there! I decided to go on the first day of the sale (today) just to see what she has. I was pleasantly surprised that she ordered many new types of sock yarn. The owner is a great sock knitter and I love that fact that she has so many different types and brands of sock yarn, not to mention wool, alpaca, and others...


I didn't do too badly really. I spent som etime wondering and turning in circles and pawing through bags and boxes of yarn. I walked out with enough for three more pairs! I think I went brown happy with all these! I found Regia Bamboo, Regia Silk in a fun stripey, and trekking in brown shades! Oh my I could have bought so much more, but I held back and only spend $40! Amazing! Now to actually cast on and use this wonderful new stuff! I haven't used the last stash upgrade yet... BUt I am doing well on using my sock stash leftovers.


Not back right? These are coming along pretty well. I am on the gussett of both socks and will start the foot tonight. I won't have enough brown left for the whole foot, but I hope that the varigated stripes will last through both toes! Interesting look to them!


I also have been going strong on more hats. I'm sure you guess that one! I am up to a total of 39.

7 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I'm so glad you made it to the yarn sale at your LYS. Those do make for happy days!

Your socks and baby hats are wonderful!

 
At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hats and socks are great!
The yarn you got at the sale is wonderful. Don't you love a good sale!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Nice stash enhancement. I wish my LYS had sales like that. I have never seen her have a sale, Love the scrap socks and hats.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Diane said...

You restrained yourself well! Let us know how you like the Regia bamboo and silk. I haven't tried those yet.

Your socks are coming out great. And the hats are just as cute as always.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Ahh, a yarn sale. I need to find a good one of those.

I've been wanting to try Regia Silk so I'm looking forward to seeing that yarn knit-up.

 
At 7:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your yarn acquisition. The baby hats are adorable.

 
At 1:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, yarn sales - is there anything better? ;) And what a great haul, these skeins look so beautiful in these colors!
I totally love how your scrap socks are coming along, what a great idea to use up leftover yarn! And your hats never cease to amaze me, they're sooo cute! Beautiful work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home