Thursday, April 19, 2007

32 and counting!


Here are several more to add to my grand total of 32 hats. I have been working on them at night and I seem to just crochet away before I go off to bed each night while we are away. I have another two weeks before I have to bring them to my friend. At this rate the bag will be overflowing! They are fast and fun to make and try out different patterns.

Oh Monday with the two hour delay I spread out my sock yarn leftover stash....

I seem to have a lot of ends, but very little small balls that a lot of people seem to have. I must make shorter socks and have more left over from each skein. This isn't a bad thing, but you know I have to be a little different. So after looking at all the different combinations I pulled the brown Knitpicks and a funny skein that I can't remember getting and cast on to make these...

I am working a ripple stitch from the Sensational Socks book. It is a nice easy pattern to remember. I love that! I haven't been working on it much... a little before work and a little after before we head to the other house for the night. I don't feel like I am making big progress, but They will look nice when they are completed I suppose.

Thanks once again for the support and making me feel better. Thankfully the sun is out today and the low pressure system has moved on! My head is feeling so much better right now than the past couple of days! But yes, you all are right as I get older and my hormones are changing, I too think that my headaches are changing too. A doctor's visit will be in order as soon as I can manage it!

6 Comments:

At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hats are great! Think of all the lucky little heads they'll keep warm and look so cute on.
I have a bunch of partial skeins of sock yarn too. I love the sock you're knitting.
I'm glad you got to see the sun. We had a sunny afternoon and it was wonderful.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Those hats are just so cute. And the socks will look great. What a nice yarn combo for that pattern.

Getting older sucks ....... but we're all getting there faster than we want lol

 
At 12:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I absolutely adore your little hats and mind you, I'd so love to see them on all the little participants' heads!
Your sock yarn leftover-stash is certainly impressive, and that new sock you're working on looks fantastic - beautiful pattern and awesome colors! Great work!

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Wow...thirty two hats! You have been a busy girl. I love the sock combination. The colors are perfect together. I tend to make size 10 socks. I only ever have small balls left.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

I am stunned with your great baby hat total. It's GREAT!

Your socks are lovely.

 
At 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's wonderful that you have now knitted 32 hats and will soon exceed that number. I'm sure all the moms will be appreciative along with the warm little heads. The color combination for the socks is very nice. Glad to hear that you are feeling better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home