Monday, April 30, 2007

SP Contest

Our SP leader is holding a contest for this month. Today is the last day to enter. The contest is to post pictures of your stash to give her ideas how to store yarn. Well let me just say this before you see the pictures... DO NOT FOLLOW MY LEAD!

AS you can see our space office room is completely stuffed! I have bags of yarn and shelves of books. You'll notice in the bottom left corner is a dresser of sock yarn only. There is also the little three door cabinet filled with sock yarn as well. That is the good things, but the bags and bags are another. I do know exactly what is in the bags and what I am doing with it though. In the back of the room are the blankets that are finished and going to charity. I guess the next meeting is now in October. So I have more time to use up the acrylic stash on blankets. Under that is a tall basket of wool yarns that my MIL bought at a garage sale. It used to overflow, so I am making a dent in that stuff! There are bags with the yarn and patterns ready to go as well....


Then there is the closet with is also in the room. I have more bags of yarn and needles. A lot of what is in here was given to me... an unfinished blanket, baby yarns, and the boxes of leftovers. I am not the most organized person when it comes to stash, but hey my husband doesn't complain, so... I really should get better organized and get things looking better. I have seen many lovely displays of yarn stash over the net, but not in my house. It seems as much as I use, more comes in. I just can't use it fast enough! I just can't say no when someone offers me yarn! Good or bad. It all seems to have a purpose!

Like this next little goodie! I whipped up a few more hats for my friend and her basket of fruit hats. The strawberry is the Ann Norling pattern. It works up really cute I think! The blueberry is the same pattern from and older Woman's Day magazine that I had used for the first two fruit hats. Plus I have been working on the preemie hats too. I am up to 50. I may have to stop their for now. Book club is Thursday and I still have 100 pages left in my book. I'm sure I'll finish, but I am not liking it at all. I bet no one finishes this one for Thursday!

6 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

The little fruit hats are wonderful!

I understand the challenge of stash storage. I've been working the past couple of weeks trying to organize mine...and I'm still not done.

Have a great week!

 
At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The hats are so cute!!
Wow. You have so much yarn! Organization is impossible. Don't you love having the yarn right there to look at and get inspired.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen that before..... I have a room that looks just like that with my stash all over the furniture and the floor.

The hats are cute!

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

I can solve your problem. Send all yarn that doesn't fit into your room to me. :)

At least your yarn is all in one place. I have it in at least 3 rooms.

I've never seen the strawberry hat, just the pumpkin. I like the idea of a variety of fruits!

 
At 2:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oy! Now, that's certainly a whole lot of yarn - I think no one can blame you for having a bit of a problem with organizing everything! But I think if I'd come over and take all the yarn with me that I'd like, then you'd have a lot more free space left ;)))
Love your hats as usual, they're so very cute! Beautiful work!

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Diane said...

I was on a fruit hat kick last year. LOVE making them. They are oh so very cute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home