Saturday, April 28, 2007

The weekend is here!

Thankfully the week went pretty fast, but the kids at school are heavy into spring fever! I think they believe it is June and not the start of May. They are bubbling with excitement for summer vacation. I am too, don't get me wrong, but there are still eight weeks of school before we go on summer vacation.

I finished my scrap socks.

The foot fits great, but the ripple feathers are very loose. So I probably won't wear these out of the house. I am not a fan of socks that fall to your ankles when you walk. I will use these as house socks when I am stationary in the chair. I have other scrap socks paired up with yarn, but I am thinking I want to use some of my new stash enhancements more than using up scrap right now. This way, I;ll have more scrap to choose from! I was thinking I wanted another pair of Jaywalkers or broadripples.... or maybe something else from the Internet... What sock would you make if you free as a bird and have plenty of new yarns to choose from?


As for preemie hats the count is up to 46. I have bookclub on Thursday this upcoming week. That is where I am bringing the hats to my friend. Hmmm... how many will I have by then? At least 50 I'm sure, but I also haven't started the book we are discussing... That is my plan for the weekend I guess.

4 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger Marguerite said...

Hi Maureen. When I tried to answer your Opal question, there was no email, so I'll answer here even though it doesn't fit.

I buy my Opal online, usually at Simply Socks Yarn Company. Last time I ordered Opal, I ordered from a Canadian shop, http://www.funknits.com/

The Canadian price was about five dollars less per skein and they have Opal collections and colorways not available in the US. Now that I've found this place, they're going to be my primary source.

Oops. I almost forgot - I don't need anymore Opal.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Prayerful Knitter - Shelly said...

Wow, your baby hats are really becoming an impressive number! You may need help getting them to your friend. : )

Have a wonderful weekend!

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow I can't believe how quickly you knit the hats! They're great!
The socks look so nice.
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Love the socks. Really creative way to use leftover yarn.

I can't believe you and all those baby hats. You go girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home