Sunday, May 06, 2007

Happy May!

I really can't believe that it is already the first weekend in May. The past two weeks have gone so fast! I guess it'll be summer vacation before I know it! I brought my bag of preemie hats to book club on Thursday...

I got to finish a total of 60 hats! That is pretty good! I don't think I can do that every month, but it was fun seeing how many I could whip up in four weeks between my other projects! The nurse I gave them to was very pleased. At the end of bookclub, she asked if she could look through the bag. What could I say no?!? So several of the ladies oooo-ed and aaah-ed. They liked how tiny they were and the different patterns I used. Someone asked how I could make so many. I said I can work on them on the computer (meaning while I wait for our dialup service to load the page, I can crochet or knit several stitches).. she thought I worked them up on the computer and literally pressed print! It was very funny way to look at it!

Now after working on the hats, I have been taking a crocheting project to the computer when I am looking more than typing to work on as the pages load. Right now just a scrap granny square blanket. The yarn is laid out in the other room and then I have to get up and walk over to pick the next skein. It is all black and variegated yarns. I know it doesn't sound nice, but it works up like a stain glass window. Once it is bigger, I'll post a progress photos.

I also finished two more hats for my friend baby fruit hat basket. I'll post a pic soon. I worked up a pineapple and a pumpkin. The pumpkin pattern is a cute one from Itty-Bitty Hats and the pineapple you can find here. Next I think I will make the tart hat to finish off the basket. Do you think an apple, pumpkin, peach, blueberry, pineapple and strawberry are enough? Plus the tart... should there be one or two more? But what? Lime? Lemon? Grape? Eggplant? Let me know what you think...

We sat to watch the Saturday night movie last night just as I finished sewing the leaf onto the pumpkin, so I quickly scoured the sock yarn drawers and pulled out a wonderful StahlscheWolle Socka color 9124... it is a grey/black twist with variations. I quickly pulled out the broadripple pattern and sat down for "The Break-up". I got about an inch or two knit last night. The pattern and yarn A+, but the movie.. not so funny.

7 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Diane said...

60 hats? Wow!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Kat said...

Wow is that a lot of hats!

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

60 hats....good for you. That is quite a feat. I got a chuckle out of the fruit hats. We always seem to be knitting the same things. I have just finished my eight fruit hat. They are addicting things to knit. I must have missed the post about your friends fruit basket. Is she collecting them for a cause?

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wowzer, 60 hats in 4 weeks! I applaud you. It's wonderful that you are knitting preemie hats.

 
At 2:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're doing such an awesome job with these cute little hats - 60 is certainly an amazing amount! Fantastic!
And hey, I love the idea of making knitted work up on the PC and just pressing "Print" ;)))

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you knit 60 hats so quickly!! You are the speediest knitter/crocheter!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Again, I am in awe.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home