Friday, June 08, 2007

In the home stretch...

In more ways than one! First off I am almost finished with my tank made from Lionbrand microspun. I was going to abbreviate and use the pattern's initials, but the name of the tank is "All Season Shell"... I do not want to be know as the girl who made the A*S*S tank top! How very funny when I saw what the initials were this morning! I am past the armholes and am closing in on the neck. Should be finished knitting tonight and hopefully will tie in all the ends and sew her up! I might even get to wear her next week!

Saw my principal this afternoon and he informed us that there are just 9 more days of school for the kids. It doesn't quit feel like summer vacation is so close! But I am happy that it is! The kids had a half day today, but faculty had a full day. I got my report cards half done and my PO's for my budget next year. Found out that the school has blocked all kinds of email sites, so I can't check at school on my lunch break of course! I will have to wait until evening, but it won't matter too much with summer coming. I'll worry about next year when it gets here.

On my lunch break today the music teacher and I too a walk around the block. We ran into three garage sales. It is big time around here in the summer. In fact I think my village is hosting a village-wide garage sale this weekend so they will be everywhere! I found a stack of books (like I need more), but I bought them anyway. Nothing that was familiar or that I had been looking for, but good ones to suggest to bookclub.

We had bookclub last actually. We were supposed to be discussing "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Picoult. Three people didn't read it! Not much of a discussion about the book, but we talked about bullying and what it really is like for kids now. Several people shared stories of their own children being the victims of a bully. Next book choice is by Elizabeth Berg... "We are all welcome here". Just picked it up from the public library this afternoon.

I promise to get on the computer this weekend and post a few pictures. And with the "as is" tank almost finished I can plan on casting on for my latest 6SOxKAL socks! Can't wait. I have been looking at all my solid colors for this latest lace pattern.

4 Comments:

At 4:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - I had a good smile about the A*S*S*-tank ;))) Looking forward to seeing it, I'm sure it's gonna be a beauty! And wow, three garage sales! I'll have to check if the season for ours started here too - I love garage sales, it's hard to come close to one and not find anything, don't you agree? Have a great weekend!

 
At 8:40 AM, Blogger Kat said...

Always be careful with acronyms!

Good luck with the last 9 days of school. It always seemed to me that the last week was the craziest.

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That acronym might have sent your hits sky high!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

I can't resist a good book either. I like Elizabeth Berg...didn't realize she had another book out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home